• Arbitration and Mediation
• Corporate and Commercial
• Attorney – Universidad Privada Boliviana (La Paz, Bolivia).
• Master’s in Tax Law and Procedural Tax Law – Universidad Andina Simón Bolivar-UASB (Bolivia).
• Graduate studies in International Taxation and Transfer Pricing -Universidad Austral (Buenos Aires, Argentina).
• Courses in national and international arbitration at Universidad Real of the National Chamber of Commerce (Bolivia).
• Currently enrolled in a Master’s program in Commercial Law and Corporate Law at Universidad Mayor de San Andrés (Bolivia).
Mauricio Viscarra focuses on tax advice to local and international companies.
His practice includes tax planning for business structures, as well as analysis and solution of tax contingencies deriving from commercial operations of all sizes.
He also has extensive experience in tax litigation before courts and administrative claims authorities, actively participating in judicial and administrative tax processes deriving from complex business structures and operations.
Finally, he has broad experience in local arbitration processes under the rules of the National Chamber of Commerce of the City of La Paz and the Chamber of Industry, Commerce, Services and Tourism of the City of de Santa Cruz. He was a participant and co-trainer of arbitration teams of Universidad Privada Boliviana and Universidad Católica Boliviana at international arbitration competitions organized by Universidad de Buenos Aires (Argentina) and Universidad del Rosario (Colombia).
He worked as associate attorney at a major law firm in Bolivia, where he was a member of the tax department, providing legal support on tax planning and tax disputes for a variety of local and international companies.
Mauricio has also worked professionally at the Technical Office for Strengthening of Government Corporations, providing advice on corporate, tax and labor matters to State-owned corporations, including the oil company Yacimientos Petrolíferos Fiscales Bolivianos-YPFB and the electric utility Empresa Nacional de Electricidad-ENDE, among others.